Saturday, January 01, 2011

A New Years Prayer

I read this prayer in a devotional last year, and I thought it was the perfect way to start off a new year. So this year I am sharing it with you. Happy 2011!

Father, it is written in Your Word that You are the Author of Life, the Creator of my heart, the Lover of my soul, my Savior and Redeemer. Today I find myself at the beginning of a new year. Lord, I don’t want to make the same old resolution. Really all I want is more and more of You! So today I choose to start anew. I choose to make You Lord of my life. Your Word tells me that in You, I am a new creation. I have been bought at a great price…the price of Your Son’s precious blood. Old things are gone and all things become new in Your Son’s powerful name. Help me believe this Lord, believe it with all my heart.

Today I dedicate myself to You and present each part as a living sacrifice, holy and well pleasing to You. I do this not in my own strength but in Yours. I boldly ask You, through the power of Your Holy Spirit, to create in me the power and desire to will and to work for Your good pleasure. I know You have great plans for me…plans to prosper and not to harm me, plans to give me hope and a future. Today with great anticipation I receive those plans and the gifts and talents which You have given me to accomplish those plans.

Allow my life to reflect You in every way. Allow me to lovingly live out and express Truth in all I say and do. Help me to live purposefully and accurately, not as unwise but as wise. Whatever I do in word or deed, help me to do it in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in complete and total dependence on Him. Thank You, Father, that You will be faithful to complete what You have started in me. To You be all glory and honor and praise. Amen.

Written by Wendy Blight

No comments: